Monday, February 11, 2013

Get it While It Lasts – Snowbound in Michigan

I have to giggle this time of year when I see status updates from friends on my Facebook account. One might lament, “Ugh, another six inches of snow; when will it end?!?” The next might exclaim, “I just love Love LOVE all of this snow!!!” And, of course, you have to appreciate the realism of a quip like, “It’s Michigan, people. It snows here. Get over it!!!”

I choose to "love Love LOVE" the fact that I live in Michigan and that we get lots and lots of snow, especially on my side of the state. I love the life balance that the four seasons provides, even if the current one lingers a little longer than most of us are really comfortable with.

How many of us, though, hole ourselves away in the winter and rationalize that we'll come out when the weather clears? (I admit it. My hand is up.) This is not living a balanced life, of course. There really is no reason why we can't get out in the winter, no matter what the weather holds.

Even in Michigan, or should I say especially in Michigan, we have ways to keep busy outside in the winter months if we really want to. I thought about listing several. But honestly, I can't describe the beauty of a Michigan winter better than this video from www.michigan.org. I hope it challenges you not to let another day go by without doing something, anything outside...

A Pure Michigan Winter

 Enjoy your day. Enjoy this blog.

No comments: